Friday, September 11, 2009

The Four Park Challenge


So yesterday I woke up at 7am (way too early) and joined Dan, Craig, David and Kim at Boma's for a breakfast buffet. Which was pretty disappointing as it claimed to be African inspired cuisine and yet it seemed pretty darn American to me. Belle, Stitch and Boba Fett joined for the meal and they seemed to enjoy it just fine.


They wanted to get a picture with their new friends too. Kim is a beautiful princess herself so Belle made sure to get a picture with her. David loves star wars as much as Matt does so they hung out and Craig is kind of a crazy little monster so clearly him and stitch got along. Here they are with their new friends at Breakfast.
After we ate I went home and the others went to animal Kingdom to start the four park challenge. I was supposed to spend the day with some other people but they cancelled so I quickly got back on a bus to meet back up with them but that took some time so I'll explain their far more interesting adventures until I catch up.

So for the four park challenge you must do 3 rides in each park, get a picture with 1 character in each park and make use of each form of inter park transportation. So they began after breakfast by driving over to Animal Kingdom to start. They decided to go above and beyond and do 4 rides and 2 characters in each park! While I travelled home they did the safari, kali river rapids, everest and dinosaur and got pictures with Baloo and Louie from the Jungle Book. At this point I was home and had learned that my day was shot so I texted dan and found out they were on their way to Epcot so I grabbed the next bus. Meanwhile they drove to the ticket and tranportation center and took the Monorail to Epcot. That's the first park and form of transportation down.

They arrive at Epcot and start by doing soarin, and tryed to go on Spaceship earth but it was closed so they did Mission Space instead. Just as they did that I arrived but was on the other side of the park so I went ahead and did Soarin myself while they did Test Track. We finally met up at Norway for their ride and I began my 2 and a half park challenge while they continued their 4 park challenge. From there we met with Mulan and Snow white for our character pictures. From there it was the ferry over to Hollywood Studios and thus park two and the second form of transportation was complete.

Once inside Hollywood Studios we jumped onto Rockin Rollercoaster, and they did Tower of Terror (including Dan. Go Dano!!), then it was off to Toystory Mania where things almost hit a road block. The wait there was 60 minutes! Luckily I earned my worth by explaining to the cast member at the fast pass line our predicament and he let us go on and cheered us on while we tried to complete the challenge. Once done Toystory we went on Star Tours to finish our rides. From there we met one of the characters from Baby Einstein and Handy Manny as well! So finally we grab the bus and head back to the ttc finishing up both park and transportation method number 3 (the last of the tranportations)

Once we get off the monorail and into the Magic Kingdom we jump onto the Haunted Mansion ride, then quickly do Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain, then finished off with Pirates of the Carribean. Then we decided we needed the final characters to be the big man himself with his best girl. So we headed to Mickey and Minnies House and they were nice enough to take a picture with us. And so ended the four Park Challenge. It was truly exhausting (and I was only there for 2/3rds of it so imagine how the others felt) but really an amazingly fun day. Thanks to Dan, Craig, David and Kim for being such great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment