Saturday, September 19, 2009

La Nouba

So one of the great perks of working at Disney is that they always have wonderful shows and events going on that cast members get discounts for and sometimes can even experience completely free of charge. This wednesday the 16th was one of those opportunities. Disney gave us free Tickets to La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil. Now at first I was working the only days available for me to attend. But thankfully the Canadians here are all very friendly and helpful and someone was able to take my shift that night. So off to Downtown Disney we go!

So me Dan, Heather and Craig drive on over early so we can grab some dinner at the earl of sandwich. And if you love a well made sandwich like I do then it's a great affordable place to eat. We then headed into the show and met up with some other Canadians that were their that night and the show began. I'll describe it briefly but truly words can't do it any justice. It was truly incredible. The show began with some audience interaction from a couple of classic clowns. Their were so many acts that I can't list them all but their were definetly some highlights. The 4 little asian girls were definetly my favorite. They can't have been more than 6 years old and already are performing amazing acrobatics and tricks all in sync. Their were also a couple of bike performers which were unbelievable nimble on two wheels.

I should also mention the highlight for the women in the audience. One of the acts featured a bare chested muscular blonde man flying through the air trailing red silk. I have it on good authority that he was incredibly dreamy.

After the show we went for dessert at Ghiardilli's (probably not spelling that right) I had peanut butter milkshake. Which was very good but I think a bit too much dairy for me. And to top it all over Heather stopped over to watch the classic movie The Princess Bride. One of the movie greats. All in all a wonderful night. Certainly one of the best since i've arrived here.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like an amazing show. I really want to go the cirque show in Toronto this fall. It is the only kind of circus I can support.

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete